Thursday, February 23, 2012

It's snowing!!!

Kailyn has been so excited to play with her insta snow, she could hardly stand it. We bought ours from Discount School Supply, and it came this week. It's so simple and quick to make. Just mix 2 oz of water for every scoop of snow. We wanted a lot of snow to fill her bin, so we used 15 scoops of snow and 30 oz of water. It was so easy Kailyn was able to do it all on her own.
 


After it was done she said "I wonder what it would look like on the light table"? Well of course we had to check it out.
Then she decided to pull out her plastic sea animals. "They are at the North Pole mom" is what she told me. We then added a plastic tube (I don't know what else to call it)and it became their slide.


Of course baby brother had to get in on the action too!
We decided to add straws and blow the snow around. "Mommy it's blizzard" Such a creative girl.
She was having so much fun with the straws so I made up a game for her. I buried all of her animals with the snow and told her a big storm had hit the "North Pole". I told her the animals needed her help finding them and getting them out. Her job was to use the straw to blow away all the snow and rescue the animals. This was her favorite part of the activity.
                                

Playing with the snow was so much fun. I know I, I mean she can't wait t play with it again. She only stopped because she was so anxious to play with her new chalk board.

No comments:

Post a Comment