Thursday, February 23, 2012

Chalk board fun

Today we had a lot of fun with two new activities. First was the insta snow which I posted about earlier. The second one was playing with her new chalk board. I had been seeing so many ideas/projects of people usinf chalk board paint. I saw one project where the person painted a huge rectangle on their kid's playroom wall and framed it really cute. I really loved it, but it was not realistic for us to do the same thing. So I was trying to think of a few ideas that would give us a huge chalk board for Kailyn to play with. The idea to use her old train table clicked in my head. We had it stored at my in laws house since we didn't have a ton of room for it and she had lost interest in it. I was so excited to do this for her. We picked up the train table, stopped at home depot for some paint and went home to get to work. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of this process. But K did help me with all of the painting and cleaning up. This was a few weeks back. I waited so long to use it because for a while I was going to do one more coat. It says to wait at least 4 hours before adding a new coat. Well it was early evening when we started so it would have to wait until the next day, then it rained for a few days, etc, etc. I finally decided it didn't need another coat and here we are today finally able to enjoy it. Before you can use it, you have to "prep" it. Basically you take the side of chalk and rub it all over the board until it is covered. You then wipe it off and it is ready to go. K of course wanted to help, so I let her have some fun.
She was moving so fast the pic is blurry! After she was done she got down to drawing business!
              

While she was drawing, daddy mentioned the word "pool", and before you know it the chalk was down and K was upstairs looking for her bathing suit. Poor chalk table, you were abandoned so quickly. We will be back though.

No comments:

Post a Comment