Wednesday, June 6, 2012

30 going on 60......?

So the time has come, after all these years I finally found myself "tattle telling" on some teenagers. I swore this day would never come. I would never be "one of them", I would maintain the philosophy of "I was a kid once". Yea all that crap went right out the window yesterday. I imagine most malls, like mine, has family lounges where the bathrooms are larger and equipped with mini pottys for the little ones, nursing booths, changing table, and couches for dads or other kids to sit and wait. Well this is what our family lounge offers anyway. Yesterday, Ryan took Kailyn with him to the gym, and I went to the mall to just browse and waste some time while he was working out. After about 45 min in Colton needed to be changed and fed. So I I headed to the family lounge, like I have done countless times before. I walked in and was taken back with the fact that there were 4 teenagers hanging out on the couches. A few were playing on/charging their phones, others were eating. They were pretty quiet, not talking much. So I push Colton towards the changing table where one of the boys are sitting. Of course his big ole' boats were stretched out as far as they could go right in my path. He barely took the energy to move then back maybe an inch. I stop and stare at him knowing I wasn't going to fit. Little by little he continued to inch his feet back slowly, I finally said look either move your feet, or I will run them over. This little s*!t took his sweet time and moved them just enough for me to get by. I should have ran them over when I had the chance, little punk.
I changed Colton, and got the diaper bag packed up. Now Colton of course is ready to eat. I go over the the nursing booths only to realize my stroller does not fit. There is NO WAY I am leaving my brand new BOB jogger that is worth $450 outside the door unsupervised. My alternative would be to go sit on the couch and nurse him, but of course all the couches were taken up by lazy, selfish, up to no good teenagers. I was stuck, I had no where to feed my baby. Boy was this mama PISSED.
If these teenagers were actually in the lounge with their parents and younger siblings, or helping their younger siblings to the bathroom, it would be no big deal. It's still a public restroom and you kind of have to let anyone in, whether I like it or not. But these kids had no business being in there. They were taking advantage of a quiet, comfortable place that had an outlet to charge their phones. I walk out upset and head straight to guest services. I let the lady know what was going on and she apologized and immediately sent security to kick them out. Yes I am now that "old" lady who tattle on teens who are breaking the rules. Hey I am a mama, and I couldn't feed my baby. You better believe mama bear is going to come out. Please tell me there are other moms out there who would have done the same. It will help me feel like I am not turning into an old nagging hag.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment